We are living in the paperless world still the days today official operations are incomplete with the printer. There are several types of printers and their brands are available in the market. Canon printer is one of the most used and affordable printer brands. Canon printers are the best suits for personal as well as commercial purposes.
With the advance features of the canon printer, users are also facing some technical problems or errors in it. This article provides quick solutions to common canon printer’s problems faced by the users. Users who experienced any kind of issues related to the canon printer can refer to this article to resolve the issue. to Download the driver & software package for canon, Printer go to http://canon.com/ijsetup & get the correct version of canon driver & manual to install canon printer
Some troubleshooting tips:
The continuous printing jobs for long hours most of the time cause the problem printers to stop working in the middle due to overheating. In such cases the user can turn off the printer, wait for some time at least for 30 minutes and start printing again.
If the computer system is unable to communicate with the canon printer unit then a user might get the printer not responding error with their printer. Users can use the following steps to fix the canon printer setup error.
- Check id canon printer is properly connected with the power outlet also check if the power cable between printer and computer system is properly connected or not.
- Connect the USB cable to another USB port and test the printer for error.
- Use another USB cable for connecting printer and computer system.
- The users who are using the network printer should check for their internet connection. Poor connection often causes the printer not responding problems.
- The user who connects their system with a printer via Bluetooth should place the printer close to the computer system. Repair it again and test the printer for error.
Printer not responding:
Here are the steps which can assist the user to fix the canon printer not responding issue from the printer unit.
- Press the setup button on the printer unit.
- Click on the wireless LAN setup option from the available menu and click on the ok button.
- Go to an easy setup option.
- Click on ‘access point connection (recommended)’ when it asks for the wireless LAN connection method.
- Enter the password for your wireless network.
- Insert the setup disk on following on-screen instructions to install it.
- Select easy install to install it in the device.
- Complete the installation process which might take a few minutes and test the printer.
Slow printing is the most frustrating scenario with canon printer users. The user often faces the slow printer issue when they are trying giving high-quality output files for printing. Users can simply reduce the print quality for the rapid printing operation. Users can omit the graphics while printing files from the websites for fast printing.
Users can also turn on the draft model of the canon printer which improves the printing speed and saves the printer ink.
Paper jam error:
Printer jam error is frequently experienced by all the canon printer users. Users can follow given steps to fix the canon printer paper jam error.
- Turn off the printer unit and remove the power cable from the plug immediately.
- Test the printer carriage if it can move the right side of the printer.
- If it is unable to move and stuck between then the user can take out the ink cartridges from the printer.
- Takeout the printer pages from the printer without removing the printer tray.
- Open the backside door of the printer.
- Turn printer roller to upward direction thrice and close the rear side of the printer properly.
- Place the ink cartridges back to their place and turn on the printer unit.
- Check the printer for error by providing test print.
Printer prints half page issue:
Users can execute the following steps sequentially on their computer system if they notice their canon printer prints only half pages.
- Go to start-> Run.
- It will open the run window type services.MSC on it and hit the enter button.
- User can see the services window on the screen.
- Search for print spooler on the list.
- Click on the stop option by right clicking on that entry.
- Keep that window open. Click on the start icon again.
- Go to My Computer and navigate to print spool folder which is probably at C\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS.
- Delete all the files in this folder to delete the pending jammed print queue.
- Open the services window again and start the printer spooler service again.
- Test the printer by providing a test print.
No paper alert:
In this users will get the no paper alert from printer even if there are pages in the paper tray. Users can follow given steps to fix the no paper alert in the canon printer.
- Users should provide the printing pages in the correct size which is recommended by the canon printer.
- Make sure that all the pages are in good condition without any wrinkled sheets or damaged corners.
- Open the rear end of the printer and check if any page is stuck between the printer rollers. Remove the jammed paper if found any.
- Clean the printer rollers properly with the help of compress air or cleaner.
- Test the printer for no paper alert.
Unclear or faded printing:
Users can check their printer head nozzles are open or not. Users should clean their printer heads if the nozzles are not open. The printer head clogged often leads to such type of issue.
Make sure that all the ink cartridges are installed properly or not. Users should also check their ink cartridges there might be the possibility that they are running out and user need to replace it by the new one.
We hope that all the above solutions will assist the user to fix their issue which canon printers. Users should update their printer drivers regularly to minimize their error frequency. For further assistance, the user can directly get in touch which the canon printer technical support team.