World’s best antivirus application Avast Antivirus comes with many features and a web browser as well. It has more demand in the market compared to other antivirus applications as it gives protection to your computer.
Repair registries associated with error 42125
- Go to the start button and search for “Command” and don’t press the enter button.
- Instead of pressing enter, you have to press CTRL + Shift + Enter button at the same time.
- It will prompt the permission message and you have to select “Yes”.
- Once it gets opened, type “regedit” and tap on the Enter key.
- On the registry editor, you have to select the option which is linked with error 42125 which you want.
- From the file menu, tap on the Export button.
- Then select the folder backup key in which you want to save.
- Type the name in the box to locate it easily.
- In the “Export Range” option, ensure you have selected the “Selected branch” option.
- Then tap on the “Save” button as it will save your file with the file extension called “.reg”.
- Now you have the backup file for the Avast antivirus.
Cleaning system junk
There are multiples of junk files that get accumulated on your computer system, so that you need to clean the junk files. This can lag your computer with slow performance and even can cause Error 42125 in the Avast antivirus application. So, let’s head to the method of cleaning junk files in the system.
- Tap on the start button.
- Similarly, enter “command” and instead of pressing the enter button on your keyboard, you have to press CTRL + Shift + Enter button at the same time.
- At the time of the prompted message, you need to click the “Yes” button.
- Type “regedit” and press on the “Enter” button.
- It will start calculating the space in each drive that can be freed up.
- From the categories, you need to choose “Temporary files” which will clean up the junk files.
- Then you have to select all the checkboxes which will get cleaned and press on the ok button.
- Now it will get cleaned all the temporary files and junk files from your computer.
Update device driver
Error 42 125 I may also occur from the corrupted or old driver. So try updating the driver of your PC and hope it might work for you.
- Go to the start button and type and search device manager. Then click on it.
- Tap on the Expand icon if it is not extended to the list. Once it shows the list, locate your device and right-click on it, and choose the “Update driver” option.
- You can select the search automatically option to update. you can also uninstall avast antivirus whenever if fails to update & start over.
Windows system restore
Windows system restore will fix your problem with the error 42125. It will restore your system to the time when it was working fine. So we will recommend you to try this process to fix the issue.
- Go to the start button.
- Click on the search box and type “System Restore” and simply press on the enter button.
- Once it takes you to the system restore window, you have to enter the administrator password.
- Then follow the steps and choose the restore point.
- Then restore your computer.
Run Windows system file checker
- Locate to the Start button and tick on it.
- In the search box and search for the “command”.
- Don’t press on the enter button from your keyboard. Instead of that, press the CTRL + Shift + Enter button.
- From d prompted permission message, you have to click on the “Yes” button.
- On the black box, type “sfc / scannow” and simply press on the enter button.
- Now it will begin scanning the file problems in your system including error 42125.
- Now, finish following the on-screen commands.
Install all Windows updates
Microsoft constantly comes up with updates and it improves the Windows system files. So this
updating process can also so get rid of error 42125. Sometimes this kind of problem can be
resolved by updating the windows with its latest version of services.
- Head to the Start button and tap on it.
- Click on the search box and type “update” and press the enter button.
- From the Windows Update dialogue box, click on “Check for updates”. Then it will get updated automatically.
So, these are the 6 different methods to resolve your Avast antivirus error 42125.
Now for any other help contact customer service for help.
Hope you find this article helpful and it is working smoothly now.