While using your system browser, there are times when you can come across many issues, and one of them is “Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.” Although it is not a primary error, it occurs in the form of a suggestion when a major error occurs in your system.
Here, in this article, we will help you to solve this most recurring problem. To get the best solution regarding the error, keep reading the article, and you will be able to fix it any time. Let’s start.
On the off chance, you are using Chrome as your browser, then you may encounter some network-related errors time and again such as “Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.” There are many causes behind this issue like network problems and security programs blocking the connection.
Although the reason varies from user to user, if you are having this error, then it detects your antivirus or firewall blocking the connection. So here are the steps to fix this.
How to Allow Chrome to access the network in firewall or antivirus?
Steps to Add Chrome to Windows Firewall
Go through the steps, and you are all set.
- Initially, press the window key+ R key simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- In the box, you need to type control.
- Click on the Ok, and it will open the Control Panel.
- Now, you need to click on the System and Security option.
- Select the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- And then, you need to select the Allow an app or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Next, click on the Change Settings option.
- Also, tap on the Yes option if prompted by the UAC.
- You have to select the Allow another app button at the end to proceed further.
- Go to the Add an app window, and here select Browse.
- Go to the chrome, and here click on the chrome.exe.
- Choose the open option and click on the Add option.
- Here, you need to make sure that you have checked both Private and Public boxes.
- To save the changes you have made, click on the OK button.
- Afterward, you are required to start Google Chrome and try to use the browser.
In case you are facing this error due to Windows Firewall blocking the connection, then you can now freely use your browser and connect without any more errors.
Steps to Add an exception to antivirus Firewall
Given instructions will help you to add an exception to the antivirus firewall. So, follow them. They are easy and straightforward for you to follow.
- First of all, launch the antivirus you are using.
- In the next step, you need to go to Settings.
- Now, you are required to find the Exclusions option.
- Here, you need to copy and paste the URL of the website that is blocked by the antivirus resulting in the error in the URLs to exclude the field.
- Hereafter, you need to follow the instruction provided by the antivirus you are using.
Here are the Steps to Add Exception to Avast Antivirus
- To start the procedure, choose “Active Protection” and click on the “Customize” option.
- In the next step, select Exclusions and copy and paste the URL of the Website which is giving you the problem.
However, if you are having a problem adding an exception repeatedly, then you can disable the web shield completely.
Steps to Add an exception to Windows Defender
- Go to Start and click on the Setting.
- In the next step, you need to click on the Update and Security option.
- Now, choose the Open Windows Security button.
- Once it is opened, click on the Virus and threat protection tab from the left pane.
- You need to scroll down and click on Manage Settings.
- Once again, you need to scroll down the Exclusion tab.
- Next, you are required to select the Add or remove exclusion option.
- Hereafter, click on the Add an exclusion option and choose Folder.
- Go to the program files and choose the Google folder.
- You need to click on the Select Folder.
- To save the changes, click on the OK option
While using the system, you may encounter various issues, and we hope this article helps you to fix how to Allow Chrome to access the network in a firewall or antivirus error. We trust that our provided solution helped you, and you are free from this error. However, if you still have any doubt regarding the issue, then you can contact the executives, and they will surely fix the error.